Sunday, October 12, 2008

grease monkey





Despite the difficulty and frustration of being injured, I got a lot of bike projects rolling yesterday. I'm restoring a 5 speed cruiser which will be either a hello kitty bike or a pirate bike. I stripped the frame down and got it ready to be sanded and primed. I put the grandma basket on my schwinn breeze and installed a bell I picked up at a garage sale. Its a really cool bell that looks like an ornate dome in Budapest with a little clanger on a spring. It's cool, zen and hella loud. In fact there have been several requests made that I lay off the clanging while inside the house. What can I say? Safety first.
Like most projects I take on, the pirate bike one was way easier to get started than anticipated, and now that I have all the supplies there's nothing to do but finish the work. I'll crack open the bottom bracket today and hopefully sand and prime the frame. While the paint dries, I'll install the new computer on my road bike and change out the saddle.

No comments: