Thursday, May 7, 2009

plenty to talk about

I've resolved to chronicle more training runs here. If for no other reason than to have a journal to reflect upon. Yesterday's run has plenty of fodder. It was very hot. I downed an ecap before I left the office... just one, what could come of it?
OMG. I got so sick. First off, feeling good about my race time, I tried to stick with the group from the start. Bad idea. Of course, I ended up losing them like 8 minutes in. I'm a lot closer to catching them than I used to be, so I guess that is progress. I sort of noticed that my feet weren't taking instructions from my brain very well so I slowed my roll. The terrain was very challenging (rocky ledges behind the hill of life) and some that had to be climbed rather than run. I thought I had collected myself and had turned back toward "base camp" when I got really dizzy and my hands started to tingle. I slowed to walk, hating myself, because I HATE to walk in training. Hating walking, hating the heat and getting all riled up was doing me no good. I had to stop and sit on a rock, I felt like I was gonna keel over. When I stood back up I puked water (and probably ecap) everywhere. I heaved and heaved until I was out of liquid and with shaky legs managed to loaf on back to base camp.
I chatted a bit, asking my coach about ecaps and barfing and such and went out for round two. I was not giving up and I was trying to go slow enough to jog the entire loop. Yeah right

No comments: